Expat France | living in France.

www.superfrenchie.com lacoquette.blogs.com samdebretagne.blogspot.com www.petiteanglaise.com www.french-word-a-day.com

Go Back   Expat France | living in France. > Introductions, Moving to France, Living in France
Googlemap ME Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th September 2009, 11:56

Default looking for company in lyon

Hello all,
I moved to Lyon a year ago with partner and two kids,my eldest goes to Ombrosa bilingual but the youngest attends the local maternelle. So I have a lot of time on my hands, I am looking for anyone who speaks english to meet up and share a coffee with. My french is improving, but I really miss a chin wag in english. I am 39, from Wales originally, mother of 13 and 5 year old. The kettle is full and ready to boil..
Old 4th September 2009, 12:12
Forum admin

Default Welcome to the Forum :)

Hello Taffy

Welcome to the Forum

I am sure it won't take long tol find plenty of like minded expats in Lyon to chat with, we live in Annecy and I often catch up with english speaking expats.

I did a quick search in Google for "expats in Lyon" and there are dozens of people in forums wanting to catch up.
Old 9th September 2009, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffy View Post
Hello all,
I moved to Lyon a year ago with partner and two kids,my eldest goes to Ombrosa bilingual but the youngest attends the local maternelle. So I have a lot of time on my hands, I am looking for anyone who speaks english to meet up and share a coffee with. My french is improving, but I really miss a chin wag in english. I am 39, from Wales originally, mother of 13 and 5 year old. The kettle is full and ready to boil..
Hello and welcome to Lyon

Come to AVF (Accueil Villes de France) place de la Baleine in Vieux Lyon on Thursday mornings and you will soon meet plenty of English speakers.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/lyonavf....cueilinter.htm

scroll down to see it in English

Dominique
Old 14th September 2009, 14:51

Thumbs up thanks for the link

thanks for the link, I will be sure to check it out
taffy
x
Old 29th September 2009, 19:00

Default Hi

Hi Taffy, welcome to Lyon
Whereabouts in Lyon do you live? I'm in the 4th district. My children are at a french nursery.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:58

Hi im Amanda im 22 years old i am from england i moved here at the end of september with my partner he is doing work on the chemical sites id love to get to know anyone who speaks english i love craft making
Old 10th October 2009, 05:22

Hi Amanda, whereabouts do you live in Lyon? Are you looking to work here in France?