Expat France | living in France.

www.superfrenchie.com lacoquette.blogs.com samdebretagne.blogspot.com www.petiteanglaise.com www.french-word-a-day.com

Go Back   Expat France | living in France. > Pratiquer votre français
Googlemap ME Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st March 2007, 23:45

Default Learning French online

Here are several sites for learning French:

French in Action video series - We used this in my college courses, and now it's available for free as a streaming download (but only if you are in the US or Canada). You can get the textbook too, which includes all the transcripts. You can find transcripts of the first 26 lessons here too.

Ma France - BBC's newest French video program, 24 interactive videos with French and English subtitles

BBC French - Lots of other audio and video programs, like Le Mensuel and the French Experience.

Interactive French - UT Austin's first year French online materials

Bonjour de France - Le magazine pour pratiquer et dialoguer sur internet

Clicnet - Several links for learning FLE/FLS

French Pod Class - Sebastien from Cannes has been doing this podcast for over a year. Vocabulary, grammar, culture, songs, etc. with accompanying PDF review sheet for $7.95/month

Learn French by Podcast - For learners of French as a foreign language, with accompanying PDF documents for $10

Easy French Poetry Podcast - Famous French poems read and analyzed by Camille Chevalier in Boston

RFI Langue Française - Radio France Internationale has short news items you can listen to, with transcripts.

Europe1.fr - Several podcasts available

Radio France - Also has several podcasts available, in several topics

SBS Radio - French news from Australia (also available in several different languages)

TV5 - Watch the news, practice dictations with Bernard Pivot, play vocabulary games, etc.

French Vowels - If you know the IPA symbols, you can test your knowledge of the pronunciation of vowels

Pictorial Vocabulary Guide - Several pages of vocabulary with pronunciation; also grammar and readings pages

Testez votre niveau de grammaire - Figaro's online quizzes to determine how well you know French grammar

French Tutorial
- And my site; I'm still adding more vocabulary and slang, and my boyfriend will be helping me to record the pronunciation of everything this summer
Old 28th November 2007, 12:38

Here are some more sites I use:

FrançaisFacile.com - Free lessons and exercises from beginning level

Exercices on Hot Potato - Free exercises completely in French (written by Spanish-speaker, so some exercises in translation to Spanish too)

Zut ! - Interactive Activities for French teachers and learners; free between 4 pm and 9 am on weekdays and all day weekends (London time).

Fluent French: Experiences of an English Speaker - Great article about becoming fluent in French from an American's perspective

Verbix - Conjugations of verbs online for free, in several languages too

Also, there is a way to watch the French in Action videos outside of North America. Paste this into your web browser, and just change the number at the end to correspond to the lesson: mms://media.scctv.net/annenberg/French_In_Action_01.wmv Windows Media Player should automatically open and start streaming the download. Plus I've recently been writing a wiki page for each lesson that includes vocabulary and cultural information: http://fiafans.wikispaces.com/
Old 8th July 2008, 10:09

Hey JennieLynn, just wanted to ask you if there is a significant difference between the french they speak in Canada and the French that is spoken in france? Or is it just the same difference between the proper english spoken in England compared to the US?! Thanks x.
Old 11th December 2013, 14:12

There are number of Online courses which helps you to learn French level DELF a1. I recommend French lessons for beginners Online which helps you to learn French Language from the instructors of alliance Franchise and also provides the French Embassy Certification.