Expat France | living in France.

www.superfrenchie.com lacoquette.blogs.com samdebretagne.blogspot.com www.petiteanglaise.com www.french-word-a-day.com

Go Back   Expat France | living in France. > Introductions, Moving to France, Living in France
Googlemap ME Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th November 2006, 17:15

Thank you La Lousiane. Did you or your fiance have to live in France for 40 days prior to your civil ceremony? also, thanks for the info on your friend and his creperie. This is what I am afraid of....I hear..thru my fiance's family that patisseries and boulangeries are closing all over the place. I guess I've just come to one of those crossroads in life....I really am not a materialistic person, but, I know we could make a much better living in the US and retire earlier, etc. But...I think our everyday lives would be better in france....better family life, culture, etc. But I worry about being able to afford a house, etc. Sigh....such is life. And I should feel blessed to have to make such a decision. anyway..I'll try to post in other threads in the future, since this one is for introductions...
Old 30th November 2006, 09:34

Default Aude Dept.11

Hello everyone
Is there anyone in Aude?
Secondly is it possible to still insure a UK registered car in France?
Old 7th December 2006, 08:27

Default Hi everybody !

I'm french, 21 years-old, and my family lives in Montlucon, 03, my school is in Le Puy en Velay, 43, and my company is near Aurillac, 15. I did my internship in the Oklahoma University for three months, last year. Since that, I'd like to meet some americans who are living in France, so, I found this forum ! When I was in America, I travelled to a very lot of place, I met a lot of people, it was wonderful .
Old 7th December 2006, 12:51
Forum admin

Default Welcome to Expat France inflamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflamers View Post
I'm french, 21 years-old, and my family lives in Montlucon, 03, my school is in Le Puy en Velay, 43, and my company is near Aurillac, 15. I did my internship in the Oklahoma University for three months, last year. Since that, I'd like to meet some americans who are living in France, so, I found this forum ! When I was in America, I travelled to a very lot of place, I met a lot of people, it was wonderful .
Welcome to Expat France inflamers, and thanks for adding your location to the google map maybe you will be able to help us with our French spelling from time to time

Feel free to post some info about your business in the Ads, Business forum section.

Last edited by david-giorgi : 22nd December 2006 at 12:55.
Old 19th December 2006, 14:46

Default Introduction

Hi. I'm an Englishman living in New York City. I've just bought a pied-a-terre in Paris, and am hoping that I'll be able to find a little help here as I settle into my new place.

I'm a forensic pathologist and a writer (food and travel, mostly, with my first novel coming out next autumn) and a lifelong francophile.

Not sure what else I should say! Here's my web page:

www.jonathanhayes.com

I'll see you in the forums!

J.
Old 20th December 2006, 01:59
Forum admin

Default Welcome to the forum Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaze View Post
Hi. I'm an Englishman living in New York City. I've just bought a pied-a-terre in Paris....
Welcome to the forum Jonathan

I find your articles very interesting (feel free to include your web link in your signature)

My father used to teach anatomy to med students in Switzerland and Australia. He'd often sneek me in to the human dissection theatre after hours to show us what he had been up to, a big eye opener for a ten year old :O scary as hell, but my sister and I would always beg him to do it again haha. As you said yourself, death is hidden away and so sanitised in modern life, I guess that's why we crave shows like CSI on telly

Last edited by david-giorgi : 21st December 2006 at 02:37.
Old 22nd December 2006, 12:33

Hello, my name is Alisa. I'm an American, married to a Frenchman, and we have one son who is a year old. I have lived in France on & off since I was 18 (am now 29) and permanently since 1999. I majored in French in college. I'd love to meet any English-speakers with young children in the area so my son can eventually get more English input than just my own!

We just moved from a noisy condo in Val d'Oise to a small village in Aisne. We also have a condo in the Alps (Les Arcs) if anyone's interested in renting it to go skiing; I'll post it in classifieds when I get around to it.

Going to add myself to the Google map now!
Old 22nd December 2006, 13:09
Forum admin

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
Hello, my name is Alisa. I'm an American, married to a Frenchman, and we have one son who is a year old...
Bienvenue au forum Alisa :-D

Your profile says you are a web programmer, welcome to the nerd club haha

ps
I wear daily disposable contact lenses to make my profession less obvious!
Old 22nd December 2006, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by david-giorgi View Post
Your profile says you are a web programmer, welcome to the nerd club haha
Yes, I'm afraid I am! It sort of fell into my lap one day while I was otherwise employed, but after a while I quit my other (boring) job and now program full-time. (Well, full-time in a French sense of the word )
Old 24th December 2006, 15:37

Thanks, d-g - I'm glad to be here!

I'll poke about a bit, have a look at other signatures before I try making my own!

J.